How to set up a Website widget for your website?
Create a new WordPress widget
- Login to your Artwinlive.com account and click on "My Widgets" in the settings menu at top of the page. Click on the "Add Widget" button to add a new widget.
- Enter a description of your new website widget and select "WordPress Widget" from the "Export Type" drop-down box. Select all schedules or individual schedules to show only the gigs listed in those schedules.
- You can limit the visible gigs by a number of months. Enter a "0" to show all future events.
- Press "Save Widget" to save your new website widget.
- You will now get your Widget ID that is needed in your WordPress installation.
- Download the plugin from the download link presented on the page.
Installing the WordPress plugin
- Login to your WordPress administration. Goto Plugins, select Add New and Upload Plugin; Or unzip the file and save the folder into wp-content/plugins.
- When you're done uploading the plugin, go to Plugins and just under "Artwin Live Tour dates" click Activate.
- Now click settings, "Artwin Live Tour dates" and enter the Widget ID in the Default Widget ID.
Setting up a WordPress widget (sidebar)
Go to Appearance, Widgets and add the "Artwin Live Tour dates" to a sidebar.
You can use the shortcode [artwinlive_tour_dates] with the following parameters:
widget_id="id code of the Artwin Live widget"
showgigs="number of gigs to show"